How did it all begin? Can you name the popular picture book based on its very first sentence? I bet you can! Let’s hear your guesses in the comments below.
1. Once upon a time in Spain there was a little bull…
2. The day Helen gave Martha dog her alphabet soup, something unusual happened.
3. Oh how Peter wished he could whistle!
4. On Christmas Eve, many years ago I lay quietly in my bed.
5. One evening, after thinking it over for some time, Harold decided to go for a walk in the moonlight.
6. Mr. Plumbean lived on a street where all the houses were the same.
7. In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf.
8. The Lupine Lady lives in a small house overlooking the sea.
9. In a warm and sultry forest far, far away, there once lived a mother fruit bat and her new baby.
10. Farmer Brown has a problem.