The Carle Bookshop Recommends: Eliza's Holiday Wishlist
If you're like me, you're finally kicking into gear for holiday gift buying as you realize December is already going quickly! In case you're in need of some gift ideas, the staff at The Carle Bookshop has each put together their top picks for wishlist-worthy books and products from our shop.
I'll go first with my current favorites - all things I'd love to have for myself or are on my list for gifting to friends and family this year.
1. Aaron Becker Limited Edition Signed Print: This gorgeous print featuring the characters from the Caldecott Honor-winning Journey would look gorgeous framed on the wall. Perfect for a home art collection or a memorable child's room or playroom. $150
2. Phantom Tollbooth T-Shirt: New this year, this Phantom Tollbooth t-shirt is available in both Men's and Ladies' fits and is just right for Tollbooth fans. I'd pair it with an autographed copy of the book by Norton Juster for an epic gift! $28
3. This is Sadie by Sara O'Leary and Julie Morstad is one of my most favorite books of 2015. I'm a huge fan of Morstad's art and this book in particular taps into my love of childhood imagination and whimsy. As I say to everyone I talk to about this book, each and every illustration could be a gorgeous print for your wall. And bonus - the dust jacket folds out to become just that - a beautiful image fit for framing. Two gifts in one! $17.99
4. Color Core Colored Pencils: Just in time for the coloring craze of the year, these new colored pencils knock all competition out of the water. I immediately fell in love with the pure weight and solid density of these colored pencils. The solid lead down the the core means that there is no wood like other pencils, giving you about 5 times more colored pencil for the price. They feel rewardingly dense in your hands, solid pigmentation and the slick coating on the outside all makes them feel chic, luxurious and quality. Packaged in a reusable tin storage case, these pencils are a great gift for the grown-up coloring aficionado as well as young budding artists. $15.95
5. Home by Carson Ellis. A beautifully illustrated exploration of a variety of homes, both realistic and fantastical, this makes for an excellent gift to illustration loving adults and kids alike. One customer even got it as a new house gift - how cute is that? Oh, and I'm especially partial to the home of the Norse God page. Can I live there?
It was hard to narrow down, but these are my current favorites in the Shop for this holiday season. What's yours?