It seems all great illustrator get a chance to retell their favorite fairy tales with their own images at some point in their career. In celebration of the fairy tale illustrations by Lisbeth Zwerger gracing our galleries (and in our Auditorium this weekend – check out this coming Wednesday’s post) let’s test your fairy tale picture book knowledge. Can you guess which fairy tale each set of illustrators have in common?
1. James Marshall, Ed Young, Lisbeth Zwerger, Jerry Pinkney
2. Steven Kellogg, Gennady Spirin, Richard Doyle, Matt Tavares
3. Will Moses, Paul O. Zelinsky, Rachel Isadora, Lisbeth Zwerger
4. Ian Beck, Fred Marcellino, Paul Galdone, Ayano Imai
5. Wanda Gag, Nancy Ekholm Burkert, Trina Schart Hyman, Charles Santore
6. Barbara McClintock, Ruth Sanderson, Gennady Spirin, James Marshall
7. Helen Oxenbury, Lane Smith, Paul Galdone, Margot Zemach
8. Arthur Rackham, Susan Jeffers, Brian Pinkney, Kinuko Y. Craft
9. Mercer Mayer, Michael Hague, Barry Moser, Kay Nielsen
10. Diane Stanley, Charles Robinson, Paul O. Zelinsky, Edward Gorey
Think you got them right? Leave your answers in the comments below before Friday, August 28th. We’ll keep your guesses hidden , but let any other comments you’d like to leave through. Then on Friday morning, we’ll post the answers and let you see all the guesses!
Whoever gets them all right (or comes closest) will win a beautiful hardcover fairy tale illustrated by the fabulous Lisbeth Zwerger. Which book, you ask? I’m not telling…because that might give away a clue! If we get more than one perfect answers, we’ll pick a winner at random. All answers announced on Friday, so good luck!