Today’s Picture Book Puzzler is made up of last lines of well-known picture books? Can you name the book based on how it ends? (Warning! May contain spoilers!) Put your guesses in the comments below and I’ll be back on Friday to compare answers.
1. The funny thing is, the moment I am in one country, I am homesick for the other.
2. And this is how Addy, Michael, Karl – and Stillwater – became friends.
3. And he did – poor Big Anthony.
4. As for the master and his pupil, they were thinking only of the wire, and of crossing to the end.
5. And it was still hot.
6. It was Danny and Walter Budwing, and Danny had a long thin box under his arm.
7. Where do hummingbirds go in a hurricane?
8. And then they walked home like a couple of penguins all the way out the front door.
9. “I love you anyway too.”
10. Paradise lost is sometimes heaven found.
(Hint: The picture books above all happen to be Caldecott Medal or Honor winning books.)