The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art (“The Carle,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors, members, and donors (“User,” “you,” “your”). The Carle’s website (“Site”) provides information about The Carle’s mission, price, hours, history, founders, exhibitions, events, and programs. The Site also offers options for online purchases, donations, registration, and mailing-list signup.
Description of Collected Information
- The Carle aggregates general information on Site usage, such as what pages Users access and which files are downloaded. This information is not directly linked to any particular User, but is tracked as part of the general Site User population.
- The Carle may also collect name, address, and email addresses from Users when provided voluntarily. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect Users to a secure server.
- The information The Carle collects is used to improve the content of our Site, used to notify Users about updates to our Site, and is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. The Carle does not actively collect information from children age 13 and under. To discourage the collection of such information from children, we request children be over 13-years old in order to subscribe.
- The Carle keeps offline records Users who have voluntarily submitted their personal information to The Carle via our Site, or by mail, telephone, fax and/or email. If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on upcoming events or news. Users who supply us with their telephone numbers online will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding requests they have made online.
- If a User shares with us the names of their children, these are stored in our secure Member database as part of the User’s record. Such records are used to communicate with Users about upcoming exhibitions, programs, events, or opportunities to extend their Membership. If a User does not wish to disclose this personal information, they will not be required to do so.
- The Carle does not partner with or have special relationships with any advertising server companies. The Carle does employ third-party vendors, such as “Constant Contact,” or a mail house to assist with the distribution of promotional materials, through email, online or by mail. These vendors have access to our lists for a one-time use only, and do not keep or otherwise use our mailing lists for more than the specific purpose for which they are hired.
- Upon request, Users may access any information (including proprietary information) from their record at any time. Additionally, Users may wish to correct, update, or remove their names or their children’s names from our database at any time. To make edits or updates to your record, please contact The Carle.