If you stop by the Art Studio in the month of February you'll notice a fantastic splash of color on the back wall we created after a trip to the office supply store*. This will be a space for visitors to share their most important memories during our project Telling Our Stories, starting this Wednesday. Here's how we made the pattern:
Last week, Studio volunteers Jenn, Nancy, and Sarah worked tirelessly creating a giant grid of 4"x4" squares using a ruler and a laser level (best invention ever!).
Next, Cindy and Jane, also Studio volunteers, filled in each square across the grid with Post-its following a pattern I drew with colored pencils on some graph paper.
Little by little throughout the day...
The pattern began to take shape...
The grid was finally complete and is ready to be filled with memories! We asked guests to answer on of the following questions on a sticky note and add it into our installation.
- What is your happiest memory?
- Describe a memory shared with your best friend or a family member.
- Where is your favorite place to go? Why?
- What is the best gift you've ever given? Received?
- What is the best thing you've ever learned?